Greenhouse Water Filtration Systems
As the result of increasingly stringent regulatory concerns, food production requires exceptional filtration and purification performance. ACS offers a complete range of solutions, products and equipment designed to exceed requirements for the green house industry.
Water Filtration Systems for Greenhouses and Irrigation
Solutions for Greenhouses
Greenhouses require innovative filtration and purification solutions that meet increasing FDA and environmental regulations, requiring minimized waste, stringent quality control and reduce operating costs. ACS manufactures customizable equipment for water used for plant watering providing a consistent high water quality that then can be blended with the exact nutrients that the plant requires maximizing growth and yields.
ACS can manage compliance issues related to:
- Total Suspended Solids
- Flow rates of 1 GPM to 200 GPM
- Biological Oxygen Demand
- Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Odor Issues
Our comprehensive services include Initial Analysis & Recommendations, Compliance Testing, Supply/Process Water Consulting, New Product Development, Food Hydration, Humidification, Greenhouse Irrigation, Milk/Whey Concentrating, Maple Syrup Concentrating, and Existing Equipment Service.
Initial Analysis & Recommendations
• Environmental/system audits
• Effluent evaluation
• Preventive maintenance recommendations and schedules
• Establishment and monitoring of treatment logs
• Expert support for programmable logic controllers and other hardware
• Troubleshooting new and existing equipment
• Regulatory compliance
• Recycling/Reuse feasibility study and consultation
Compliance Testing Services
• Responsive metal analysis
• Total Suspended Solids (TSS) analysis
• Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) analysis
• Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) analysis
• Review of current chemical programs for compliance and cost savings
Supply/Process Water Consulting
• On-site analysis of chemical and equipment needs
• Custom programs developed for food and dairy requirements
• Full staff of chemists, engineers, compliance consultants and technicians to address all facets of treatment
New Product Development
• ACS leads the industry in developing new chemical blends for custom applications
• State-of-the-art automation programs integrate customer-specified options
Existing Equipment Service
• Equipment recommendations and repairs
• Filter system consulting
• Membrane cleaning
• Before & After test reports
Products for Greenhouses
We offer a comprehensive line of scientifically formulated products for grease and oil removal.
The process water from grease and oil removal applications is discharged (to the environment or municipal treatment plant) or recycled. ACS can provide customized neutralization reagents and equipment that adjust the pH down to acceptable limits for any end application.
Unwanted foaming can be problematic in grease and oil removal applications. ACS provides careful control measures to minimize or eliminate the impact of foaming.
Our highly effective deodorizers are scientifically formulated to effectively neutralize odors in grease and oil removal applications.
Filter aids include powder-based flocculants that help remove organics from effluent wastewater streams. Some of the filter aids we offer include: Bentonite Clay, Diatomaceous Earth, and Calcium Hydroxide Blend.
Polymers are used to capture and conglomerate precipitated solids so that the solids may be effectively removed from the wastewater. ACS carries a broad range of differing density and molecular weight polymers that can be made-up on site or shipped ready to feed.
Equipment for Greenhouses
It takes reliable, high-performance equipment to exceed the exacting requirements of grease and emulsified oil removal applications. ACS delivers with our line of solutions that can handle any oil removal project.
Batch Treatment Systems
Batch Treatment Systems utilize a sequential series of chemical processes that handle waste streams containing floating and settling waste product.
- Can process any chemically treatable wastewater
- Can handle 50 gallons to 10,000 gallons per batch
- Completely automated, requiring no operator other than for periodic system maintenance
Continuous Flow Systems
These multi-stage chemical reaction systems are designed to handle complex treatment issues requiring multiple stages and processes.
- Treats and removes contaminants to desired discharge levels
- Treats flow rates from 10 GPM to 3,000 GPM
Clarifiers consolidate contaminants and concentrates into a thick sludge, reducing the volume required for filter press. With ACS, we combine clarifiers with appropriate components and chemicals to ensure efficient system operation and regulatory compliance
Filter Press & Filter Press Equipment
This highly automated equipment provides sludge de-watering capabilities by compressing slurry generated through normal precipitation and sedimentation.
- ACS chemists identify and maintain the proper mix of coagulants, filter press aids and chemicals to optimize system performance
- Only requires staff to start batches, clear filter cakes, and perform routine maintenance
These systems may employ ultra-filtration, nano-filtration or reverse osmosis to further improve water quality for recycling within a facility.
- Cost reduction realized through recovery of high quality water for reuse
- Consumption of chemicals in cooling towers, boilers or other processes may be reduced
pH Control Systems
- pH Adjustment Systems maintain the pH of process water or wastewater for discharge to a sanitary sewer.
- pH Neutralization Systems adjust the pH of highly concentrated acidic or caustic solutions. After neutralization, the solutions are ready for use in specific manufacturing processes, or for discharge to sanitary sewer.
Accessories and Replacement Parts
ACS maintains an on-demand inventory of accessories and replacement parts to keep systems operating at peak efficiencies with minimal downtime.
- Distributor for major equipment manufacturers such as Den Hartog, Versamatic Hydranautics, Codeline and Weber Industries.
- Remote monitoring is available via building management programs