If interested, please send resume to Jonathan@AdvancedChemSys.com. You may also apply in person at our facility.
Since 1975, Advanced Chemical Systems has been providing innovative water equipment, processes, and chemicals to a broad base of industries.
Wastewater Treatment- Assurance that industrial process wastewater is in compliance with Federal, State and Local standards has been the key contribution that Advanced has delivered to its customers and remains its primary goal today. We pride ourselves on our flexibility to create custom systems through superior engineering, customer service, innovation, and experience.
Boiler and Cooling Systems – ACS provides guidance and recommendations for treating a wide range of boiler and cooling systems, and offer a full line of treatment chemicals, testing, and control equipment at an economical cost. Our programs can increase system efficiency, decrease plant downtime and maintenance costs, and extend equipment life.
Water Purification – ACS provides water pretreatment and purification equipment including conventional media or membrane filtration, MF, UF, and RO technologies. Custom blended support chemistries optimize the operation of each component.
Advanced Chemical Systems produces, installs, maintains, and supports complete industrial wastewater treatment systems throughout the contiguous United States. We are currently looking for new members of our team!
The key role of the Advanced Chemical systems Production/Installation Technician is to manufacture, test, install, and troubleshoot wastewater, reverse osmosis, and boiler/cooling tower equipment. Field-based support is provided on customer installations, including commissioning and assistance with troubleshooting/repair of wastewater, reverse osmosis, and boiler/cooling equipment.
Installations require travel, and take 1-3 weeks to complete. One can expect to travel 2-3 months of the year.
If you like to travel, are mechanically inclined, and excel at problem solving – we’re looking for people like you!
Knowledge of / Ability to Learn:
- Read and interpret schematic diagrams, blueprints, and technical specification manuals (specifically CAD, PLC’s, and P&ID’s)
- Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing Best Practices
- The principles of operation, maintenance, and repair of pumps, valves, fluid handling instruments, and related mechanical and electrical equipment.
- The operation, maintenance, and repair of electronic & fluid handling controls
- The occupational hazards and safety precautions of the plumbing and electrical trades
- Excel at problem solving
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and customers
- Provide quality services in a cost-effective manner and assist in developing improved methods of completing tasks
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to safely use and climb ladders
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors (all weather conditions) on an occasional basis
- Recognize exposure to live circuits and/or operating machinery
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, walk up and down stairs, bend down, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and work at floor level for extended period of time
- Repetitive motion with both hands, wrists and fingers
- Comfortable working in/on spaces such as roofs, attics or basements
- Ability to adapt to changing work schedules and environments
- Hours may include nights and/or weekends
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and meet Advanced Chemical Systems auto safety standards
- Ability to travel by air and car US only, travel time up to 25%
Compensation & Benefits:
ACS offers a competitive compensation/benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Vision/Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person