Industrial Wastewater Treatment Services for Businesses
When water has served its purpose in a facility, it must be treated in accordance with internal and external standards. To meet and exceed these standards, a combination of chemicals and equipment must be used.
Advanced Chemical Systems (ACS) has helped businesses develop water treatment systems for decades. We provide mechanical treatment, biological treatment, and chemical solutions to meet unique demands. Our custom programs provide our partners across the United States with cost effective solutions to treat water.
How Do We Develop Wastewater Treatment Processes?
Beginning with a complete process audit, our engineering team will develop a wastewater treatment system tailored to your specific needs. Once the critical data is reviewed, we design and manufacture a system that treats wastewater efficiency while maintaining water quality regulations.
Our services include manual, semi automatic, and fully automated PLC/HMI systems to meet budgetary and compliance requirements. Our laboratory staff analyzes the multiple waste streams within a facility, addressing overall compliance and treatment requirements. ACS will then design a customized chemical program utilizing the latest in wastewater treatment chemicals to enhance our equipment technologies.
What Goes Into Our Wastewater Treatment Systems?
Solutions for Wastewater Treatment
Initial Analysis & Recommendations
- Environmental/system audits
- Effluent evaluation
- Preventive maintenance recommendations and schedules
- Establishment and monitoring of treatment logs
- Expert support for programmable logic controllers and other hardware
- Troubleshooting new and existing equipment
- Regulatory compliance
- Recycling/Reuse feasibility study and consultation
- On-site analysis of chemical and equipment needs
- Custom programs developed for wastewater treatment requirements
- Full staff of chemists, engineers, compliance consultants and technicians to address all facets of treatment
New Product Development
- ACS leads the industry in developing new chemical blends for custom applications
- State-of-the-art automation programs integrate customer-specified options
Products for Wastewater Treatment
ACS can provide customized neutralization reagents and equipment that adjust the pH down to acceptable limits for any end application.
Unwanted foaming can be problematic. ACS provides careful control measures to minimize or eliminate the impact of foaming.
Our highly effective deodorizers are scientifically formulated to effectively neutralize odors.
Filter aids include powder-based flocculants that help remove organics from effluent wastewater streams. Some of the filter aids we offer include: Bentonite Clay, Diatomaceous Earth, and Calcium Hydroxide Blend.
Polymers are used to capture and conglomerate precipitated solids so that the solids may be effectively removed from the wastewater. ACS carries a broad range of differing density and molecular weight polymers that can be made-up on site or shipped ready to feed.
Equipment for Wastewater Treatment
Batch Treatment Systems
Batch Treatment Systems utilize a sequential series of chemical processes that handle waste streams containing floating and settling waste product.
- Can process any chemically treatable wastewater
- Can handle 50 gallons to 10,000 gallons per batch
- Completely automated, requiring no operator other than for periodic system maintenance
Continuous Flow Systems
These multi-stage chemical reaction systems are designed to handle complex treatment issues requiring multiple stages and processes.
- Treats and removes contaminants to desired discharge levels
- Treats flow rates from 10 GPM to 3,000 GPM
Clarifiers consolidate contaminants and concentrates into a thick sludge, reducing the volume required for filter press. With ACS, we combine clarifiers with appropriate components and chemicals to ensure efficient system operation and regulatory compliance
Filter Press & Filter Press Equipment
This highly automated equipment provides sludge de-watering capabilities by compressing slurry generated through normal precipitation and sedimentation.
- ACS chemists identify and maintain the proper mix of coagulants, filter press aids and chemicals to optimize system performance
- Only requires staff to start batches, clear filter cakes, and perform routine maintenance
These systems may employ ultra-filtration, nano-filtration or reverse osmosis to further improve water quality for recycling within a facility.
- Cost reduction realized through recovery of high quality water for reuse
- Consumption of chemicals in cooling towers, boilers or other processes may be reduced
pH Control Systems
- pH Adjustment Systems maintain the pH of process water or wastewater for discharge to a sanitary sewer.
- pH Neutralization Systems adjust the pH of highly concentrated acidic or caustic solutions. After neutralization, the solutions are ready for use in specific manufacturing processes, or for discharge to sanitary sewer.
Accessories and Replacement Parts
ACS maintains an on-demand inventory of accessories and replacement parts to keep systems operating at peak efficiencies with minimal downtime.
- Distributor for major equipment manufacturers such as Den Hartog, Versamatic Hydranautics, Codeline and Weber Industries.
- Remote monitoring is available via building management programs