As the result of increasingly stringent regulatory concerns, food and dairy processing represents a technologically challenging application. ACS offers a complete range of solutions, products and equipment designed to treat the wastewater generated from food and dairy processing.Download Line Card
Food and dairy manufacturing requires innovative wastewater solutions that meet increasing environmental regulations, minimize waste, and reduce operating costs. ACS has developed customizable programs for recycling and/or treating food and dairy process water. ACS can manage compliance issues related to:
- Total Suspended Solids
- Fat, Oil, Grease
- Biological Oxygen Demand
- Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Odor Issues
Our comprehensive services include Initial Analysis & Recommendations, Compliance Testing, Wastewater Consulting, New Product Development, and Sludge Integrity Consultation.View Solutions
Initial Analysis & Recommendations
• Environmental/system audits
• Effluent evaluation
• Preventive maintenance recommendations and schedules
• Establishment and monitoring of treatment logs
• Expert support for programmable logic controllers and other hardware
• Troubleshooting new and existing equipment
• Regulatory compliance
• Recycling/Reuse feasibility study and consultation
Compliance Testing Services
• Responsive metal analysis
• Total Suspended Solids (TSS) analysis
• Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) analysis
• Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) analysis
• Review of current chemical programs for compliance and cost savings
• On-site analysis of chemical and equipment needs
• Custom programs developed for food and dairy requirements
• Full staff of chemists, engineers, compliance consultants and technicians to address all facets of treatment
New Product Development
• ACS leads the industry in developing new chemical blends for custom applications
• State-of-the-art automation programs integrate customer-specified options
• Sludge conditioning treats residual solids in preparation for dewatering processes.
• ACS provides several dewatering options for sludge recycling, processing or elimination.
• Our coagulants and polymers work with your filter press, dryers, and thickeners to remove water and improve cake dryness and production
• Dewatering reduces costs for disposal and improves operations efficiency
We offer a comprehensive line of scientifically formulated products for food and dairy manufacturers, including Acids/Alkalis, Coagulants, Defoamers, Deodorizers, Filter Aids, and Polymers.View Products
The process water from food and dairy applications is discharged (to the environment or municipal treatment plant) or recycled. ACS can provide customized neutralization reagents and equipment that adjust the pH down to acceptable limits for any end application.
Specific coagulants are employed to remove particulates, both soluble and insoluble. ACS can recommend specialized chemical blends that effectively remove solids and minimize sludge production.
Unwanted foaming can be problematic in food and dairy process applications. ACS provides careful control measures to minimize or eliminate the impact of foaming.
Our highly effective deodorizers are scientifically formulated to effectively neutralize odors in food processing, including food and dairy applications.
Filter aids include powder-based flocculants that help remove organics from effluent wastewater streams. Some of the filter aids we offer include: Bentonite Clay, Diatomaceous Earth, and Calcium Hydroxide Blend.
Polymers are used to capture and conglomerate precipitated solids so that the solids may be effectively removed from the wastewater. ACS carries a broad range of differing density and molecular weight polymers that can be made-up on site or shipped ready to feed.
It takes reliable, high-performance equipment to exceed the exacting requirements of the food and dairy industry. ACS delivers with Full Batch Treatment Systems, Full Continuous Treatment Systems, DAF (Diffused Air Flotation) Systems and Equipment, Filter Presses and Filter Press Equipment, Reuse and Recycling Systems, pH Control Systems, Accessories and Replacement Parts.
Contact us for custom sizes, designs or configurations.View Equipment
Batch Treatment Systems
Batch Treatment Systems utilize a sequential series of chemical processes that handle waste streams containing floating and settling waste product.
• Can process any chemically treatable wastewater
• Can handle 50 gallons to 10,000 gallons per batch
• Completely automated, requiring no operator other than for periodic system maintenance
Continuous Flow Systems
These multi-stage chemical reaction systems are designed to handle complex treatment issues requiring multiple stages and processes.
• Treats and removes contaminants to desired discharge levels
• Treats flow rates from 10 GPM to 3,000 GPM
DAF (Diffused Air Flotation) Systems and Equipment
Need Content... Te minim volumus delicata sit, et minim mollis similique mea, cu antiopam mediocritatem qui. Virtute mediocrem nec eu, an iriure patrioque est, aperiam impedit invidunt vix te. At omnis clita viderer mea, vidit choro partem est at. Vel habeo intellegam dissentias an, at debet ludus appareat eos. In quod fuisset torquatos eam. His an illum expetenda, eu nec omnium convenire constituam
Filter Press & Filter Press Equipment
This highly automated equipment provides sludge dewatering capabilities by compressing slurry generated through normal precipitation and sedimentation.
• ACS chemists identify and maintain the proper mix of coagulants, filter press aids and chemicals to optimize system performance
• Only requires staff to start batches, clear filter cakes, and perform routine maintenance
These systems may employ ultra-filtration, nano-filtration or reverse osmosis to further improve water quality for recycling within a facility.
• Cost reduction realized through recovery of high quality water for reuse
• Consumption of chemicals in cooling towers, boilers or other processes may be reduced
pH Control Systems
• pH Adjustment Systems maintain the pH of process water or wastewater for discharge to a sanitary sewer.
• pH Neutralization Systems adjust the pH of highly concentrated acidic or caustic solutions. After neutralization, the solutions are ready for use in specific manufacturing processes, or for discharge to sanitary sewer.
Accessories and Replacement Parts
ACS maintains an on-demand inventory of accessories and replacement parts to keep systems operating at peak efficiencies with minimal downtime.
• Distributor for major equipment manufacturers such as Den Hartog, Versamatic Hydranautics, Codeline and Weber Industries.
• Remote monitoring is available via building management programs