Printing and Textile Wastewater Treatment
Wastewater treatment for the printing industry requires the remediation or elimination of heavy-duty byproducts, such as starch and metals.
How We Treat Wastewater for Printing and Textile Businesses
Solutions for Printing and Textile Water Treatment
Printing applications require innovative wastewater solutions that meet increasing environmental regulations, minimize waste, and reduce operating costs. ACS has developed customizable programs for recycling and/or treating printing process water. Typical effluent processing can include:
- Total Suspended Solids Management
- Chemical Oxygen Demand Reduction
- Total Dissolved Solids Fountain solution Management
- Zinc Remediation
- Copper Remediation
- Molybdenum Remediation
- Silver Remediation
- Barium Remediation
- Biological Oxygen Demand Management
Our comprehensive services include Initial Analysis & Recommendations, Compliance Testing, Wastewater Consulting, New Product Development, and Sludge Integrity Consultation.
Initial Analysis & Recommendations
• Environmental/system audits
• Effluent evaluation
• Preventive maintenance recommendations and schedules
• Establishment and monitoring of treatment logs
• Expert support for programmable logic controllers and other hardware
• Troubleshooting new and existing equipment
• Regulatory compliance
• Recycling/Reuse feasibility study and consultation
Compliance Testing Services
• Responsive metal analysis
• Total Suspended Solids (TSS) analysis
• Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) analysis
• Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) analysis
• Review of current chemical programs for compliance and cost savings
• On-site analysis of chemical and equipment needs
• Custom programs developed for printing requirements
• Full staff of chemists, engineers, compliance consultants and technicians to address all facets of treatment
New Product Development
• ACS leads the industry in developing new chemical blends for custom applications
• State-of-the-art automation programs integrate customer-specified options
• Sludge conditioning treats residual solids in preparation for dewatering processes.
• ACS provides several dewatering options for sludge recycling, processing or elimination.
• Our coagulants and polymers work with your filter press, dryers, and thickeners to remove water and improve cake dryness and production
• Dewatering reduces costs for disposal and improves operations efficiency
Products for Printing and Textile Treatment
We offer a comprehensive line of scientifically formulated products for printing, including Acids/Alkalis, Coagulants, Defoamers, Deodorizers, Filter Aids, and Polymers.
The process water from printing is discharged (to the environment or municipal treatment plant) or recycled. ACS can provide customized neutralization reagents and equipment that adjust the pH down to acceptable limits for any end application.
Specific coagulants are employed to remove particulates, both soluble and insoluble. ACS can recommend specialized chemical blends that effectively remove solids and minimize sludge production.
Unwanted foaming can be problematic in printing applications. ACS provides careful control measures to minimize or eliminate the impact of foaming.
Our highly effective deodorizers are scientifically formulated to effectively neutralize odors in printing applications.
Filter aids include powder-based flocculants that help remove organics from effluent wastewater streams. Some of the filter aids we offer include: Bentonite Clay, Diatomaceous Earth, and Calcium Hydroxide Blend.
Polymers are used to capture and conglomerate precipitated solids so that the solids may be effectively removed from the wastewater. ACS carries a broad range of differing density and molecular weight polymers that can be made-up on site or shipped ready to feed.
Equipment for Printing and Textile Treatment
It takes reliable, high-performance equipment to exceed the exacting requirements of printing applications. ACS delivers with Full Batch Treatment Systems, Full Continuous Treatment Systems, Clarifiers and Clarifier Equipment, Filter Presses and Filter Press Equipment, Reuse and Recycling Systems, pH Control Systems, Accessories and Replacement Parts.
Contact us for custom sizes, designs or configurations.
Batch Treatment Systems
Batch Treatment Systems utilize a sequential series of chemical processes that handle waste streams containing floating and settling waste product.
• Can process any chemically treatable wastewater
• Can handle 50 gallons to 10,000 gallons per batch
• Completely automated, requiring no operator other than for periodic system maintenance
Continuous Flow Systems
These multi-stage chemical reaction systems are designed to handle complex treatment issues requiring multiple stages and processes.
• Treats and removes contaminants to desired discharge levels
• Treats flow rates from 10 GPM to 3,000 GPM
Clarifiers consolidate contaminants and concentrates into a thick sludge, reducing the volume required for filter press.
• ACS combines clarifiers with appropriate components and chemicals to ensure efficient system operation and regulatory compliance
Filter Press & Filter Press Equipment
This highly automated equipment provides sludge dewatering capabilities by compressing slurry generated through normal precipitation and sedimentation.
• ACS chemists identify and maintain the proper mix of coagulants, filter press aids and chemicals to optimize system performance
• Only requires staff to start batches, clear filter cakes, and perform routine maintenance
These systems may employ ultra-filtration, nano-filtration or reverse osmosis to further improve water quality for recycling within a facility.
• Cost reduction realized through recovery of high quality water for reuse
• Consumption of chemicals in cooling towers, boilers or other processes may be reduced
pH Control Systems
• pH Adjustment Systems maintain the pH of process water or wastewater for discharge to a sanitary sewer.
• pH Neutralization Systems adjust the pH of highly concentrated acidic or caustic solutions. After neutralization, the solutions are ready for use in specific manufacturing processes, or for discharge to sanitary sewer.
Accessories and Replacement Parts
ACS maintains an on-demand inventory of accessories and replacement parts to keep systems operating at peak efficiencies with minimal downtime.
• Distributor for major equipment manufacturers such as Den Hartog, Versamatic Hydranautics, Codeline and Weber Industries.
• Remote monitoring is available via building management programs